Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bugs in openKinect

Now that we have decided to switch projects, from Empathy to OpenKinect,  I was able to download and build the project within a few minutes. Unlike the last project where it required an unreleased version of ubuntu and other packages.

First I just want to say that the bug tracker for OpenKinect isn't very good at all, but Empathy uses bugzilla which is great for tracking and organizing bugs. The oldest and only two labeled bugs were created 2 months ago. One of the bugs broke OpenKinect for mac OSx. It was resolved but some people still run into this problem. To get past their problem they just comment on the bug their problem and someone else usually responds with what might help to fix it. Creating an account for github was too easy, I'm just glad when I was signing up I noticed the free open source account. I was looking into trying to reproduce one of the bugs but I can't get anywhere without the kinect. Some I'm going to wait on Ashley and work with him on it. Sadly I can't do the last part of the TOSS chapter because we don't have any "new" bugs to triage. Anyway we just need a kinect to jumpstart this project. And I can't wait to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment