Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gnome and all its glory!

When roaming the gnome empathy site I found some interesting things. I couldn't really find anything on history about the project but when I looked at the team wiki, some of my teammates had already been searching around for history so I decided to go another route. I found that there was an Outreach Program for Women. It was a chance for women to apply to help contribute to the gnome project and work with an experienced mentor. They were accepting women that could contribute in any aspect of the project. They also get paid a stipend of $4500, which I thought was crazy for 3 months of working with someone directing you most of the time! Anyway, this page led me to another one which had a list of all projects related to the Gnome desktop and mentors for each. They encourage people to contact and get some direction which I thought was a really good to lure people into helping with the project. I am excited to hopefully get some pointers on the easy things we can do to contribute to the project. But first we are gonna try to decide on which bugs to work on fixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment